Sunday, May 16, 2010

Leslieville Festival May 15th




So, surprisingly successful day at the Leslieville tree festival. This is the third year I've participated, with more or less positive responses to my work, however; this year I said to hell with it and brought some paintings that I did at school within the last year and set those up. With some prompting/convincing from my friend Carolyn, I put a $50 price tag on these experimental (they're mixed media-still working out kinks) pieces, and sold one! Goes to show that you need to put yourself and your work out there sometimes and just let people see what you're doing.
Also realizing that bird and owl imagery is really appealing to people.

1 comment:

  1. Horray! Looks like you have a pile of stuff there that I haven't seen. 0_o That one of the ghosty-crows and birch trees is compelling. I wish I could link to your art site and...

    OH WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

    I bet if I played with your settings for two minutes I could set something up. What are you doing tomorrow (Monday...)?

    ReplyDelete